Terms and conditions
This Linkage academic/individual/private partner license agreement (the "Agreement") applies between University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Université de Paris, and the Academic/Individual/Private Partner, with regard to the Linkage software ("Software") which allows to cluster the nodes of networks with textual edges.
1. Academic/Individual/Private Partner confirms that it understands and agrees to be bound by this Agreement with respect to any and all use and handling of the Software. Academic/Individual/Private Partner certifies that any information declared during the recording is exact.
2. Subject to Academic/Individual/Private Partner compliance with all the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Academic/Individual/Private Partner obtains a personal royalty free non-exclusive and non-transferable right to access, display and use the Software solely to its internal academic research or individual purposes. Academic/Individual/Private Partner is aware that such access rights will be subject to a degraded mode after several uses with all options of the Software.
Academic/Individual/Private Partner is not granted any other rights, in particular commercial rights on the Software and is not entitled to use the Software for any other use, to transfer or grant any right on the Software, to decompile or disassemble the Software.
Except as expressly set forth herein, Academic/Individual/Private Partner shall not reproduce, adapt, modify, transform, arrange, translate, prepare derivative works based upon or distribute copies of Software.
3. Software, and any rights associated are owned by University Paris 1 Panthéon-Sorbonne, Paris, for SAMM Laboratory (M. Pierre Latouche) and University Paris Descartes, Paris, for MAP5 Laboratory (M. Charles Bouveyron) (the "Owners"). Academic/Individual/Private Partner undertakes not to remove the notices that appear in the Software.
4. This Agreement does not include any transfer to Academic/Individual/Private Partner of Software ownership, or any rights on the Software.
5. Academic/Individual/Private Partner is entirely responsible for the use of Software according to this Agreement.
6. Academic/Individual/Private Partner acknowledges that the Owners has expended significant resources and efforts to develop Software, that Software represents highly valuable and confidential assets, and agrees not to take any action to jeopardize, limit or interfere in any manner with the Owners" ownership and intellectual property rights with respect to Software.
7. Academic/Private Partner agrees to mention the contribution of the Owners and article relating to the Software, in any communication or publication further to the use of the Software.
8. To the maximum extent permissible under applicable laws, nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as a representation made or warranty given by the Owners that the use of Software, in whole or in part, shall not infringe any intellectual property rights of any kind. Software or any data used or generated by the software is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind whatsoever, express or implied, including warranties of performance, merchantability, quality, relevance or fitness for a particular purpose. The Owners makes no warranty that Software does not contain errors.
9. The entire risk as to the interpretation of the results provided using Software shall be borne by Academic/Individual/Private Partner.
10. This Agreement shall be effective from the date of consent to this Agreement.
11. This Agreement shall be construed, governed, interpreted and applied in accordance with the laws of France. Any dispute shall be submitted to the competent Court of Paris, France.